Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Daydream

But to melt the candle down
Below its brim and to the ground.
By bleak light, I did but miss
That darker time meant for bliss,
Where one dreams of gentle kiss.

To pierce that night with a light
And ponder the system: fight or flight?
Is the debt that one must pay
To help the injured, one future day,
And join that hippocratic way.

Yet Lacking rest, my mind does wander
Beyond the bounds of my binder.
Straying far from fair Netter,
I do question which is better,
Captain Morgan or Jagermeister?

One is captain, bold and daring.
Complete with hat and seafaring
The other is, as stories told,
A german hunter from days of old
Who drank to keep away the cold.

Damn my mind for losing time,
Despite reminder by the chime.
For while on such I ruminate
I fail to learn what innervates,
And as such I seal my fate

To spend another sleepless night
Fighting fatigue with the light.

No comments: