Monday, August 20, 2007

My Pillow

Exhausted, I accept her gentle embrace.

With her unwrinkled skin,
She caresses my face, soft and expectant,
Like a zephyr on a sultry day.

She has been waiting for me,
Just as I have been waiting for her.
The long, tiring day seems a distant memory while I am in her clutches.

Soon she pulls me in close,
Enveloping me in her warm hug.
I breath in her modest, yet refreshing scent
And relish in the comfort that comes with it.

Soon, my world will be filled with the dispassionate aroma of sleep,
But first,
I must rest my weary head and release my demons.

She begins my night simply,
With a compassionate cuddle and a forgiving cradle.

Where I go from there is unknown,
But there is no better start than in her hands.

1 comment:

Chris Dunkel said...

Be honest. You just wanted to use 'Zephyr' in a poem, didn't you?